How to Study/Prepare for the IGNOU Exam? IGNOU Exam preparation is a question every student has. Exams are generally conducted twice a year at IGNOU; in June and December.
In every session of the IGNOU TEE, thousands of students attend their exams. Around 650+ IGNOU Exam Centres are allocated to students to appear.
You do not need to worry about how to pass IGNOU exams if you are a student at IGNOU University. If you want to get good marks in your upcoming exam, you can follow the instructions below.
Steps for Getting Good Marks & Grades in IGNOU Exam
Please do not skip any topics for good performance in the term-end exam. We provide you with a list of useful topics so that you can understand everything in a better way.
Choosing the right exam center
Make sure that the examination center you choose is strict and that there has never been a copy case found at that center in the past. It is also possible for your marking to be affected by the choice of an IGNOU Exam Centre. While filling out the exam form, choose the nearest examination center so you won’t have to waste time getting there.
Preparation of a study schedule
Schedule each subject (day by day). Rather than reading all subjects at once or at the same time, create a daily schedule for each subject so that you can concentrate equally on them.
The Must-Read section of the books
Check out the Complete Overview of your Study Materials (Block). The only thing you need to do is read each sentence completely without making any mistakes or skipping any parts. Although it is not necessary to remember every point, if you read properly, you will be able to recall everything which will help you in your exam as you attend to the questions.
Solve assignments regularly
IGNOU Assignments for the current semester or year can be downloaded. Use study materials to solve each assignment given in the paper. You should not copy the answers from online references. Just get help from references but write in your own language.
IGNOU Additional Marking Tips
IGNOU Previous Year Question Papers are the best way to get additional marks. For the upcoming term end exam, students can solve two to five years or semester question papers on their own.
How to Write Answers in IGNOU Exams?
Several students have asked us how many words were required to answer each question. The length of an answer depends on the details available and the marking of the question that is being asked.
While we always advise our students not to write an essay for each question in their answer script, some questions require a good length of answer. Your answers should be written point by point, which will make it easier for the evaluator to read and you may get good marks. Provide a clear explanation of each point.
Our upcoming term-end examination will be successful if you follow our given instructions for your study. This will increase your confidence in studying with IGNOU. The IGNOU Assignment and Previous Session Question Papers are already available for download on our GuruIgnou site.
IGNOU Exam Preparation Tips by Ex- IGNOU Students
- In order to understand the paper style, you should first look at previous year’s question papers.
- There are many options available in IGNOU question papers. Typically, you have to answer and write any 05 from a 10 question or 10 from a 20 question in most courses and subjects. There would usually be one question from one book of a particular subject.
- When your subject contains 10 books, if you prepare even the first 07 books very well, you will be able to write the entire paper, and the rest can be abandoned as an alternative.
- In the event that you do not know anything about a question, you should try to write an answer based on what you know.
- Never leave blank pages on IGNOU exams, answer all questions.
- Make your handwriting better
- Keep your writing neat and clean, never make it too clumsy.
- To write paper, use as much space as you need (but don’t waste paper).
- Don’t forget to bring a water bottle, a pen, a stapler, and yes, don’t forget to bring your own watch to see the timing.
IGNOU Exam Preparation Tips 2022
- सबसे पहले आपको पिछले वर्ष के प्रश्न पत्र को देखना चाहिए और पेपर शैली को समझने का प्रयास करना चाहिए।
- इग्नू के प्रश्न पत्र कई विकल्पों के साथ तैयार किए जाते हैं। अर्थात अधिकांश पाठ्यक्रम/विषयों में, आपको 10 प्रश्नों में से किसी 05 का उत्तर देना होगा या 20 प्रश्नों में से कोई 10 लिखना होगा। सामान्य तौर पर विशेष विषयों की एक पुस्तक से 01 प्रश्न होंगे।
- उदाहरण के लिए यदि आपके विषय में 10 पुस्तकें हैं, यदि आप कोई 07 पुस्तकें भी बहुत अच्छी तरह से तैयार कर सकते हैं, तो आप पूरा पेपर लिखने में सक्षम होंगे, बाकी को विकल्प के रूप में छोड़ दिया जा सकता है।
- यदि आप किसी प्रश्न के बारे में नहीं जानते हैं, तो आप जो कुछ भी जानते हैं उसका उत्तर लिखने का प्रयास करें।
- INGOU परीक्षा का अनकहा नियम, कभी भी खाली पन्ना न छोड़ें, सभी प्रश्नों का उत्तर देने का प्रयास करें।
- अपनी लिखावट में सुधार करें
- विषयवार लिखें, कभी भी अपने लेखन को बहुत अधिक अनाड़ी न बनाएं, यह साफ-सुथरा होना चाहिए।
- पेपर लिखने के लिए जितनी जगह चाहिए उतनी जगह का उपयोग करें (लेकिन पेपर बर्बाद न करें)
- पानी की बोतल, पेन, स्टेपलर लें और हां समय देखने के लिए अपनी खुद की घड़ी लेना न भूलें।
It is impossible for any answer to be perfect, and this might also not be. If I missed anything, please let me know in a comment.